Thursday, April 12, 2012

Running at Taman Lembah Kiara, Taman Tun TTDI

It was a sunny morning and I decided to go for a run.

I usually go to my neighbourhood stretch where I can run all the way down the street and back which I would complete 10 KM at the end. It is not the best route as the road is filled with heavy traffic and it is quite a boring route. But there is a 7 Eleven along the way where I will filled up my water bottle with Gatorade so I'd like to say that this route is relatively convenient.

However, my favourite running route is still at taman tun at TTDI. The park has the official name of Taman Lembah Kiara, according to google map.

The scenic route of the park with a small stream running down from the Kiara Hills, the greenery, the fresh air just makes this place a wonderful place to train. The only problem coming to this place as that I would need to take on traffic to get here. It is not very far from where I stay but I do have to drive on the sprint highway to get here which at times is a challenge. During work out peak hours, you will need to fight for parking spaces with retirees who come in numbers.

The best time to train here I would say is in the early morning before 10 am and also in the evening after 6 pm where the air is cool. And another reason I like to run here is the crowd. There are always pretty faces here to look at and the people here are mostly friendly, except the wild monkeys here that sometimes surprise me by running into my path of throw things down from the trees. Other than that, my experiences here so far for the past years has been good ones.

There are several routes at this park, you can do the flat loop which starts at the entrance, run along the lake, then along the stream and then run pass a wooden bridge at the end. This loop is around 1.15 KM. You can also run other routes which are longer and that will take you into some part of the forest.

These are some pictures I took this morning when I was there.








All pictures taken with my Samsung Galaxy S 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment