Monday, April 9, 2012

Hyosung GV250 - Sungai Buloh - Ulu Yam - Genting Trip

I do not particularly like to ride with another friend due to several reasons.

I do not like to ride fast, I tend to enjoy the moment, see the beautiful scenery and of course take some pictures and share it here. If I ride with a partner, I would be hard to get the other person to stop, why? Because when you ride, other than stopping, you have all your gears on i.e. helmet, reaching into your pocket, or open a zipper on your tank bag to reach your phone, and you have to take off your gloves thanks to Steven Jobs the screen on the phones are all button-less.

Malaysia has many nice routes here but many always tend to forget that. Reason being maybe people here are less educated or probably they just do not care. I tend to ask those who just litter or throw something out the car window where did they go to school. But hey, they grow up that way and when 2012 there are still so many litter bugs on the streets, parks and public places it just irks you, doesn't it? Or probably they don't even notice that I was being sarcastic. But look at the scenery for this instance, don't you think it is a pity if no one gives a damn?

The last Sunday ride was a magnificent one. I invited my brother to go on a ride as he told me that he knows a rather scenic route to Genting via Ulu Yam. This is the third time I went on a ride with him since I got my Hyosung GV250 5 months ago. Both of us are working professionals which explains the fact that it is wee bit hard to find the best time to fire up our bikes to meet up early morning to go on a ride, another reason why I don't ride with him that often is that he is a fast rider and I really do not fancy playing catch-up with him on his Versys. Although this is a rather short 3 hours ride, but I enjoyed every bit of it.

My bike parked beside the Ulu Yam lake.


We stopped by Ulu Yam after meeting up at restoran jejantas rest stop at Sg Buloh on the PLUS highway, breakfast was consumed at this stall near Ulu Yam where they served this kick-ass Malay food. The all time Malaysian favorite nasi lemak and lontong was at their best form, so good you wouldn't even remember what you had for dinner yesterday night. Below is a pic of the lontong, although the wikipedia's link does not do the dish any justice at all. It is a Malay cuisine consists of santan (coconut milk) flavored curry, served with delicious rice cake, spicy sambal (chili paste) and boiled egg. This is one hot spicy unhealthy breakfast to start your day.  

This is how the stall and the shop looks like.

If you are looking for an original and localized taste of Malaysia without the sprinkled-on-top-5-star-hotel environment, this is the best that it can get. 


We continue our journey to reach the peak at Genting. We didn't stop so I only get to take a quick picture of the scenery. 


We started riding back at around 9.00 am and we followed another route to come back down to Batu Caves area via the Karak Highway.

Below is the track via Everytrail using my iPad 3G.




All pictures were taken using my Samsung Galaxy S2.


1 comment:

  1. cruiser is the bike for u since u don't really ride fast. same here as i do enjoy riding my gv250 all the way to penang hunting for food. ;)

    ReplyDelete