Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Long Way Round Malaysia on my Hyosung GV250

I am not out to prove anything. But, I have some spare time before I start my new job. I have been thinking about making this trip. Like.... a lot.

The places that I really look forward to visit are Segamat where I will be able to drop by and see my 9 months old baby daughter, Keratong palm oil estate where I grew up which is in Pahang, the ride along the coastal highway from Kuantan and all the way to Kelantan, I also want to check out the Lynas plant in Gebeng, the Thai border, then the mighty Lake Temenggor.

The trip will put my bike and my body to the test. But I figured if I am able to finish 42.195 KM, I should be able to do this. The trip will also cover all the states in the peninsular Malaysia, except one, which is Perlis all the way north as I start from Selangor to Negri Sembilan, Melaka, Johor on day 1, then from Johor to Pahang on day 2, Day 3 I would be covering Terengganu and Kelantan and then day 4 to ride to Kedah and Penang. But on Day 5, if I would want to ride all the way to the north, that will really be a redundant trip as I would have to ride there and back on the same route. I guess I would only decide when I am actually on my way. I think I would be too tired to cover that state anyway.

Well... this is the plan. Really hope that I will be able to complete this meaningful journey around my beautiful country.


View Long Way Round Peninsular Malaysia 2012 in a larger map

2 comments:

  1. All the best in your trip, bro! I stumbled upon your blog some months ago and enjoy reading your posts. Just like yourself, I ride solo too - no particular reason, maybe I just don't have friends who are into bikes & riding. I have 2 bikes, one is a Modenas Jaguh BN175 and the other is a Yamaha FZ150i. I ride slow too, averaging 110km/h and never above 130km/h and am the type who enjoys riding for what it is - cool breezes and scenery. Do hope to meet you someday for a short ride perhaps :). Keep in touch - choongben@hotmail.com (Ben Choong)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ben,

      Thanks for your wishes. I am glad that you enjoy reading my posts. Keep in touch.

      Will post more of my experiences on the trip.

      Cheers,
      KW

      Delete