Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 1: Petaling Jaya - Tangkak - Gunung Ledang - Segamat 16th April 2012

I started my first day on the road on a gloomy Monday afternoon.

There was a same voice inside my head kept telling me whether I know what I was doing. Do I really want to go riding solo around peninsular Malaysia on a bike, braving the rain for more than 2,000 km. There were so many what if this... or what if that... But then I thought that, this is it and this will be an opportunity of a life time. If I don't do this now, when will I ever be able to do it? Life is about taking chances anyway. My bike should be on the road... and it should be doing what it was built to be doing!

I went home, I packed, and I started the bike. Armed with determination, the love to ride and a fully charged GPS, I then thought to myself, I will do this! And, I was on the road. I cannot tell you the feeling of you being able to ride on the road, come what may, it is really a feeling that not many other things could replace. For the first day, as I started late, I began my journey towards my hometown in Segamat, Johor, my first stop I planned to visit the Gunung Ledang Waterfall Park.


My plan was a 5 days ride. I had 2 luggage which was a tank bag and another gym bag for ease of carry around. The side paneer luggage really come in handy when touring.


After I was all packed then off I went, but mother nature didn't go easy on me. It rained most part of the journey from Petaling Jaya to Tangkak. I had to put on my rain suit.


After exited at Tangkak, I decided to stop by a place which I have not visited for a very long time,the Gunung Ledang waterfall park. This was the place where I always come when I was a teenager. I remember the entrance to the place was free and we didn't have to pay for any entrance fee back then in the 90's.

I went through the guard post by just waving at the guard and told him that I was just going to "pusing" (make a U Turn) in and out, and he let me in without a ticket.

The park was empty, I guess it is due to the freezing water after the rain.  



And I was off to continue my journey. 

The road from Tangkak to Segamat has some nice bends but too bad the road condition was not very good and there was some heavy traffic along the way.   

I ended my journey soon after when I reach Segamat where I spent my first night there visiting my folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment