Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 2: Segamat - Chenderawasih - Lanjut - Nenasi -Pekan - Kuantan 17th Apr 2012

Day 2 started after I said goodbye to my mom and kiss my baby daughter, I started my journey to Kuantan.


I started off around 7.00 am in the morning, I left Segamat and my plan was to stop by at a small estate town called Keratong where I grew up in the state of Pahang. I left home and I hit the 12 which passes by the town of Muadzam Shah.



This is the Segamat PGU station where natural gas was supplied from Terengganu to many states of the peninsular.


There was nothing but oil palm trees on the 12 before I reach the estate.



The weather looks good today, it wasn't very hot and it didn't look like it was going to rain.


After riding for another half an hour, I have nearly reach my first destination. I decided to stop by the nearby town of Chenderawasih, (or Cenderawasih as I remembered when I was younger)

Believe it or not, I learnt how to swim here. I remember the waters look much clearer and cleaner back then. I guess the river has seen better days. 


Riding farther down the road to be in the town of Chenderawasih.  

This area is under the management of Muadzam Shah

This is the local grocery store. 

Local coffee shop still hanging a 2 months old banner. 

The houses around the sleepy town. 

Saw a fellow local biker.


The school where I can see they were having the school assembly. Some students were being distracted by my arrival, I think they could hear me. So I left before I get someone into trouble. 


I left town and head towards the house where I grew up. This was a gravel road that leads to the estate.

The road which leads to the terrace. 

Some ducks said hi to me.

I saw the place in awe as I really remembered to place to be in a much better shape. 

This is the very old house where I grew up with my sister and brother until I was 14 where we moved to Segamat. That was more than 20 years ago. 

And this is what the house faces, the oil palm refinery. This is not exactly the best environment to grow up in. 



I set up the tripod to take this picture. I don't think I will ever see this god forsaken house again in my life. 

I left the house and went on my way again to meet some old friends. The building on the left is the workshop that repairs and maintain all the trucks and trailers that runs the factory. I worked here for couple of months back in my university term holidays. 

That's the old landrover which drove us to school when the school bus broke down.  



I was off to the factory canteen where I had my Hup Seng crackers and coffee as breakfast. 


All the friendly gang, Choi (seated), me, Ming, Ngong and Jin. 


A big fish in the tank. 




I looked at the time it was already 10 am and I decided bid goodbye to continue my journey. It was really nice to come back here to visit. I went back on the 12 and turned right at Muadzam Shah to head towards Kuala Rompin. 


I stopped by when I saw this green colour swamp. 

Minutes after a Hollywood style welcome me to Muadzam Shah. 

I went on straight on the 63 until I arrived at a T junction. I took a left as a sign that says a nice beach call Lanjut which was close by. I decided to check it out. I came across this arch and I stopped by to take some photo.  

It was common to see sheep along the way. 

There was this very nice Lanjut Golden Beach and Golf Resort which I did not went in. 

I proceed further and passed an unpaved road which leaded me to this jetty. 




The door was locked. Looks like the place has closed down. 

Not a very nice beach.


I left the jetty and went back on the 3 and several minutes later I stumble upon this forest trail, Hutan Lipur Menghali Kuala Rompin. I went in to explore. 


Not a human in sight. 


The road became smaller but I carried on. 

Until I see this then I turned back. 

A weird experience was learnt here. I wonder whether this would be a good place to dispose a dead body. 

I continue my journey and rode for another 20 minutes to reach a small fishing village called Nenasi on the 3. I went into a small path and ended up in a very nice secluded beach. There were many pine trees around and it was very breezy and shady then I took out my camera and took more pictures. 




May be a good place for wedding shots? 

This shot is taken for my fishing buddies. Note the full size pic you will be able to read the link to this blog

I continued on the 3 and found some very nice bends. Road condition was good and not a lot of traffic on the day. 

I continue on and reach Pekan at around 2.20 pm where found this museum in construction. Looks like it is going to be ready for its grand opening very soon. 

I carried on and reach another no man beach here. 


I took a walk on the beach and saw no one. I could only see my own footsteps on the beach. 

I left the beach and soon after reach Kuantan where I checked in to Seri Malaysia Hotel. The room rate was RM 140 nett, breakfast included and I knew this was a secure place to park my bike. 




After a shower and some rest I went out for dinner. I remember saw some very nice Tom Yum stalls on the way to the hotel and I found them at Jalan Tanjung Lumpur. 

The first proper meal of the day was consumed and I had a plate of fried rice, a Ikan Kembong Bakar and a spicy Thai Tom Yum soup. It was delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment