Sunday, May 27, 2012

Water Proof MP3 Player

I always like running.

But running is not something that you could do anytime, anywhere for a working adults like me because running at night is not the best time in the roads in PJ if we want to avoid being mugged or worse, being run down by a truck or car. I will not be able to leave work at 5 to go for a run and in the morning I would need to work too early to go for a run. I like to take my time when I run.

Another cardio which I passionately enjoy is swimming. But doing laps at the downstairs pool can really get a bit boring at times because there is nothing much to see, or hear. Until I found this on ebay.

Water proof MP3 player. 

And this is the only user manual. It is poorly written and sounded like it was translated with google translate without any editing at all.  


Cost less than RM 80, and this is what inside the box. A USB cable for charging and transfer data, arm strap, headsets with 3 pins, and the player.

This is where the 3.5 mm jack goes in, data transfer, and also charging point.

Centre button is for on/off and play/pause. The other 4 buttons are for volume control and forward/back.

This is how the underwater headset looks like. The length is about 300 mm. 


This was how I wear it. I wore it with the arm strap on my side and the cable ran on my back to behind my head. I used the pins on my goggles.

This is how it looks like by the side. 

I swam in this position for about 30 laps with free style and it felt fine. I tried it out with few other positions but this was the best as the cables did not bother me in the water. I am happy that I got this unit and I hope that I will use it more, and more importantly, I hope it lasts long enough to make what I paid for worthwhile.

Pictures taken with my Samsung Galaxy S II.

No comments:

Post a Comment