Monday, December 2, 2013

Ride safe... rehydrate!

One thing that I learnt from riding on a long trip is that by after half day of riding, I would get really tired. When you get tired, your reflects become slower, intermittent attention span, less focus on the road. This could spell disaster as you could get into trouble in a nick of time.

Few reasons of getting rider's fatigue, it may be caused by lack of sleep the night before, comfortability of your gear, NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) of your ride and even hunger and thirst. 

Getting yourself hydrated is important to make sure you have a safe ride and you can definitely go farther. I have bought a hydration pack few weeks ago and during my recent solo ride to Phuket, I get to test out this hydration pack. And the result is nothing short of impressive. I am really happy that I bought this gear and I really appreciate this good design especially coupled with my R25 back pack. 

Watch Jamie Robinson on his tour to Mexico City and his Kriega 3 litre hydrapak at 4:10.



I got mine from Holeshot Motorwear in Shah Alam and it works really well with my Kriega R25 backpack.

This is how it looks like. 

This is the end of the nozzle which you drink from. There is a cap which is easy to find to remove the cap to drink or to put it back on, even when you have your gloves on.

This is how the nozzle looks like. You bite it to drink. 

The other end of the hose is to be attached to the pack. 

We can slide open the plastic seal which seals the pack securely. 

This is how to open the pack to fill up water and to wash it. 

This is my R25 backpack. Get to know more about the bag from Anthony Revzilla. 

As my backpack is the 2012 model, I put the hydration pack in the front pocket. There is a velcro strap to hang the hydration pack.  

This is how I put in the pack. Maximum to be filled with 3 litre. You can fill it up with water, 100 plus, gatorade, beer even. LOL.

Hang the hydration pack to keep it upright at all times.

The hose comes out from the front pocket. 

I let the hose go through the top handle strap to keep it steady during my ride.

Notice the hydration pack comes with additional 2 velcro straps, one to be attached on the hose and the other on my backpack strap. This thing works really well, as when I am on the road, even when I am riding, the velcro will attach and coupled back by itself after I am done drinking. I do not need to place it on the velcro as it will do it on its own. This is what I find impressive about the design.

Thanks for stopping by.


All pics taken using my Samsung Galaxy S4.  



No comments:

Post a Comment