Thursday, March 22, 2012

Klang Food Centre Bao Zi

One good afternoon Charlee and I decided to check out a coffee shop in Klang that is popular for its Bao. Having bao as lunch had never crossed my mind, but having Charlee as a infamous foodie, I decided to follow. We drive to Klang to this popular location in Sungai Rasah, Bukit Raja and lucky enough to find a parking space nearby (Klang being Klang with all the double parkers).

According to Charlee, a queue will be formed in the morning with office workers lining up to get their breakfast fixes. This is how the shop looks like from the outside. This Restoran Klang Food Centre is nothing much to look at with a very common Bao steamer cabinet just outside the shop, walk right in you will see economy rice on the right.
Charlee and I found a small table and sat down. The Indonesian helper / waitress came and took our drinks order. I ordered a cold chinese tea and waited patiently after Charlee ordered 2 curry chicken bao (咖喱鸡包) and 2 vegetable bao (菜包). When our orders arrived, not as much as I anticipate how good the bao were going to be, Charlee tells me not to tilt the curry chicken bao and peel of the bao skin with the subject standing upright (it is common to peel off the skin of the bao before we eat them). Here is how they look like when they arrived.
The bigger one is the one with the curry chicken peeling the skin off with it sitting on the plate.
And this is the inside of the bao... so this is why I am not allowed to tild it because there is a paper tray inside the bao that fills the curry chicken. 
 A generous serving of curry chicken inside the bao for RM 4 a piece considerably? Not according to Charlee, but still he loves it.
 This is the last bit of the curry where you can see the tray. Bao and curry.... this is good bao. lol.

Next, vege bao.


Under normal circumstances I would never order a vegetable bao, but in this case, I must say, this is the best vegetable bao I have ever tasted.

Next, with me asking for more as there are still some space in my 1-pack stomach, Charlee recommended peanut bao. I said what? But considering he had been right so far, what the heck.

Here is how it looks like. I was surprised that the peanut are not blended until its like peanut butter. This is peanut filling at its best for Bao, well... at least for me. So, this is the 3rd bao I had on this day for lunch.
 And I ordered another kopi to go with it.
 This is how the crowd are in the shop.
 Before I left, I stopped by and decided to buy a few for my wife at home. Hope she will like it after the baos are reheated.

The Chinese lady from the shop told me that she will get the cold ones from the stock, and ask me to steam them to re heat them tonight for dinner. They are even nice enough to put a paper plate underneath the baos. Hope the wife will like this.

Overall good experience +++ thumbs up, for this Klang Food Centre hence the corny name for a bao joint though.

Here's the location for it. It opens for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea.

View Larger Map

all pics are taken with my Samsung Galaxy S 2

No comments:

Post a Comment