Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fishing at Empangan Air Kuning, Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam

I've been bored out with fishing with bait. As The recent trip to Pulau Ketam met with a boring over night trip with nothing  but a cat fish.

Whenever this familiar situation happens, I would usually start to spend some time at Empangan Air Kuning looking for some pacus. Usually I would get some bran, pallets and bread to fish there but my recent trip to EAK have earned me some new friends who showed me that casting could be really fun there.

I decided to prep for my next trip to EAK with nothing but my Abu Garcia casting rod and my blackmax and my trusty Rapalas to hunt for some fun.

This was my catch with one of my Rapalas. This 2 kg Pacu (as per my lip gripper) put up quite a good fight.  

Casting is really tiring but at the same time, fun as there are no sitting around doing nothing time. And most of all what I like about casting is that I do not have to deal with the smell of fish bran mix stuck on my hand for the next few days.

Look what this Pacu did to my lure. Its sharp teeth broke my hook and bent the ring. I had to pay a visit to my tackle shop to fix this. 

My collection of Rapallas (excluding the green frog) so far. The one that caught the Pacu was the second on from the right.  


All pics taken using my Samsung Galaxy S II.

No comments:

Post a Comment