Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 4 South Thailand Ride Nov 2012 Au Nang - Trang - Hatyai - Sadao

I woke up at the Hasnah Palace with the sun beam shining on my bed. A slight headache reminded me of the few cans of Chang I had last night just before I fell asleep. Well, this is what all bike holidays is all about, at least for me.

A knock on Terry room door signaling him for breakfast and 5 minutes later we were at a small eatery across the street.

We sat down and ordered 2 coffees. Today was the second day I see local coffee being served in a small glass that is slightly bigger than a vodka shot glass. But the coffee here was strong enough to wake up a buffalo probably.


And for breakfast we had this fried bread. I do not know what its called locally but back in Malaysia we call in Yau Chah Gwai. A couple of these stuff and then I was considered full. I fancied another "shot" of coffee so I ordered one more, and then we walked back to our hotel.



This is how the cafe look like. 

The breakfast was completed at around 8 am and Terry explained that he has got a bad stomach and said that he would take some carbon and rest in his room for a while.

I on the other hand decided to pack my camera and hop onto my bike for some solo exploring.

It was a beautiful morning when the sun was shining on the beach. 

Not many visitors just yet on this Monday morning. 

Can see the island far away. 

The scenery here reminds me of Bali where I visited years ago. 

Clean and serene, and no garbage in sight. This is one thing the Thais do much better than home.   

A green path where a local jogger just jog passed me. 

I rode around and left the tourists area and before I know it I was already at the outskirt of Au Nang. This is obviously not a very big place. I turned back and head towards the beach again, parked my bike and take some more pictures.

This picture taken will the flash fired. 


I got back to the hotel, and oiled my chain as it was getting very dry. Oiling your chain every 1,000 kilometers is a very good practice as a good oiled chain can help you maintain your bike better and prevent a broken chain which can cause an accident. The app that I used to track

We left the hotel and within half hour ride I get to see the road in between the mountains. 

After riding through Trang where we stopped for fuel, we stopped by at this noodle place for lunch. 

The GPS location is at 7.384537,99.669934. 

We ordered noodle here. And yes, there are some noodle at the bottom of this bowl (the portion is not a lot due to the local's small appetite). 





After lunch, Terry and I had discussed and agreed that the way back was going to pass by the Thai border at Perlis. We are to find the place to stay for the night around that area, which I thought that was not the best idea as there were nothing much going on there and there were probably no place to stay. Terry's main idea was to ride through the border today and  on the next day ride back reaching home without the hassle tomorrow.

We decided that we were to take the fastest way back to the border and then try to cross it. Somehow, the decision was made that we will take the other way round and head towards Hatyai and then crossing the border at Sadao. We started our journey and on the 4, there were many roads that were still under constructions. We got dusted and ashed when red earth starts to settle on our bike and gears along with the rain.

By the time the rain stopped, I looked like I just rode through a desert. 

We stopped for coffee break and refuel hours later, 100 km away from our destination. Little did I know that the next few hours was going to be the wettest ride ever in my riding history. We rode all the way until Hatyai on the 4 and 43, then on the 4 again towards Sadao.

We stopped for the night at the cowboy town of Sadao, where its notorious for the Malaysian red light tourists area. After settled down at the Oscar Palace hotel for 800 baht per night, we rested and head towards dinner at Water View restaurant on my bike.


Our last dinner in Thailand. 

Glass noodle with prawns, my personal favorite. 

Look at the size of that prawn. 

We finished dinner and head back to our hotel and called in a night.


All pics taken using my Nikon D7000. Water View restaurant photos were taken using Nikon D3000 on my earlier visit this year.












No comments:

Post a Comment