Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Panasonic Water / Sweat Resistant Headphones RP HS-33

I have to admit it, I have a weakness.

I can't run without music.

I do not know why, but I rather listen to Fall Out Boy or Led Zep rather than listening the beating of my heart and the panting sound from my breathing.

This is where the problems come along. Normal headphones just doesn't cut out for me. They either drop out of my ears when I run, or they will not last more than 3 weeks (that is about 10-12 sessions) as I understand there are metal parts (driver) in the headphones that will get rusty (yes... the inside of my ears sweat)

I've been searching for a good pair of headphones that is water / sweat resistance. I tried the a particular expensive USD 70 pair of headphones but they tend to stop working after 3 months. It was the stereo jack (the inner cable) that broke and I only get music from one side of the earphones. Probably from all the rattle when I keep it in my pocket when I run.

Last week I toured around eBay and found this one.
It is the Panasonic RP HS-33. I have read good reviews about how well it works, and this is the cheapest water resistant earphones I see so far, only USD 10!!! Hopefully this Japanese product will do better than the German made.

This is how it looks like.
Will post an entry once this one stops working...

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. I have been using the headphones many times and even completed a full marathon with it. It has been more than half a year and I use it more than 3 hours per week. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete